In our Construction Trades program you will:
- Explore the vast opportunities in one of NH’s fastest growing career fields.
- Develop the technical and professional skills that prepare you for both college and the worksite.
- Learn the basics in electrical installation, HVAC, welding, plumbing, carpentry and masonry.
- Gain expertise in using hand tools and shop machines, applying math and science skills, practicing industry professional techniques and implementing OSHA safety measures.
- Draft, cost out and construct customized projects including garden sheds and other structures to experience all aspects of building.
- Alternative Construction Trades II pathways include pre-apprenticeship and college opportunities in electrical and HVAC industries.
What You Can Learn
Residential Carpentry // Blueprint Reading // Green Building
Techniques // Basic Plumbing & Heating // Electrical
Installation // MIG Welding // Masonry
What You Can Become
(with additional education and training)
Architect // Carpenter // Engineer // Construction Management // HVAC Specialist // Journeyman Electrician // Journeyman Plumber // Mason // Master/Apprentice Electrician // Master/Apprentice Plumber // Welder
What You Can Earn
MCC: Articulation Agreement // SP2 Welding // OSHA 10-Hour Card
SUGGESTED PREREQUISITE COURSES:
SUGGESTED SIMULTANEOUS COURSES:
Physics, Technical Writing
CAREER HIGH VALUE SOFT SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Effective Collaborator, Team Player, Strong Work Ethic, Strength/Stamina, Flexibility, Fine motor skills
25 years in education: 15 at CRTC, 10 at another technical high school;14 years in residential construction, advancing from laborer, carpenter, supervisor to project manager
BA, University of Wyoming
Teaching Certification, Carpentry
Athletic coaching, skiing, backpacking, ROPE instructor