Culinary & Pastry Arts
In our Culinary & Pastry Arts program you will:
- Work side-by-side preparing dishes with professional chefs to produce the finest quality restaurant food.
- Design cakes and pastries from scratch.
- Expand your abilities using our professional equipment and cookware.
- Establish the skills, work habits and confidence to succeed in the most respected local and national culinary post-secondary schools through ourProStart certified program.
- Feel the pride and enjoyment of becoming a professional chef, one of the most widely respected and creative professions in the world.
What You Can Learn
Culinary & Food Preparation Skills // Baking & Pastry Techniques // Catering & Banquet Services // Food Safety & Sanitation // Professional Equipment Operation // Dining Room Guest Services
What You Can Become
(with additional education and training)
Baker // Caterer, Chef // Food Service Director // Pastry Chef // Prep Cook // Restaurant Manager // Restaurant Owner // Registered Dietician // Food Scientist // Food Manufacturer // Farmer // Food Sales and Distributor
What You Can Earn
9 Credits for 3 College Courses in This Pathway // National Restaurant Association ServSafe Managers Certification // National Restaurant Association Allergens Certification // ProStart National Restaurant Education Foundation Certificate
CULINARY & PASTRY ARTS
With CRTC since 2021; 40 years experience in the culinary industry, 30 months on Presidential Food Service Team at the White House.
Basic and Advanced culinary training in the U.S. Navy, SafeServ Certified
Playing with my dogs Freedom, Liberty, and Justice; camping; working in the yard with my wife