In our Health Science program you will:
- Build a strong foundation of knowledge and experience that will help you to better target your interests and build your career as a health professional.
- Explore the diversity of roles in the health science field by working with professional mentors in actual clinical settings.
- Have the opportunity to gain medical certification and licensure to be either a Licensed Nursing Assistant (LNA) or an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT).
- Be able to pursue a customized Extended Learning Opportunity (ELO) in a special interest medical field (as an alternative to LNA licensure or EMT certification training).
- Graduate this program prepared for immediate employment in high-demand, entry-level medical positions.
- Gain a head start to becoming an RN, paramedic, medical technician or doctor.
What You Can Learn:
Anatomy & Physiology // CPR & First Aid // Health Care Systems // Leadership Skills // Medical Terminology // Legal & Ethical Issues in Health Care // History of Medicine
What You Can Become:
(with additional education and training)
Dental Care // EMT/Paramedic // Lab Technician // Nurse // Occupational and Physical Therapist // Pharmacist // Physician // Radiologist // Sports Medicine Specialist
What You Can Earn:
8 College Credits in this pathway // Healthcare Provider CPR & AED Certification // EMT Certification // LNA License // Medical Terminology
SUGGESTED PREREQUISITE COURSES:
Full Course Load Aligned to Preparing for a 4-year College
SUGGESTED SIMULTANEOUS COURSES:
Advanced Chemistry, Anatomy & Physiology, Microbiology/AP Biology, Psychology, Human Growth & Development
CAREER HIGH VALUE SOFT SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Effective Communicator, Critical Thinking Skills, Interpersonal Skills, Proper Hygiene,Professional Appearance
I have been designing and teaching a college prep / medical based anatomy & physiology course for 12 years.
BS, Exercise & Sport Science, Colby-Sawyer College. TECP, Secondary Biological Science, NHTI. MEd, Curriculum & Instruction, NEC. MEd, Special Education, NEC, NREMT from Great Brook Academy
As a former golf professional, I love to play golf as often as my schedule permits. I also enjoy hiking, kayaking, and mountain biking. I’m an avid Red Sox and Patriots fan. I’m married with two kids and we own two giant Saint Bernards.
13 years in education at CRTC; HOSA Adviser; LNA instructor for the Health Science Program 25 years in nursing, including acute rehabilitation, psychiatry, home infusion therapy, ambulatory care, hospice, telemetry
BS, Norwich University, Nursing; MS, Health Care Administration, New England College, Teaching Certification
animals, education, family, fitness, Maine coast, wellness