In our Health Science program you will:
- Build a strong foundation of knowledge and experience that will help you to better target your interests and build your career as a health professional.
- Explore the diversity of roles in the health science field by working with professional mentors in actual clinical settings.
- Have the opportunity to gain medical certification and licensure to be either a Licensed Nursing Assistant (LNA) or an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT).
- Be able to pursue a customized Extended Learning Opportunity (ELO) in a special interest medical field (as an alternative to LNA licensure or EMT certification training).
- Graduate this program prepared for immediate employment in high-demand, entry-level medical positions.
- Gain a head start to becoming an RN, paramedic, medical technician or doctor.
What You Can Learn:
Anatomy & Physiology // CPR & First Aid // Health Care Systems // Leadership Skills // Medical Terminology // Legal & Ethical Issues in Health Care // History of Medicine
What You Can Become:
(with additional education and training)
Physician // Nurse // Occupational and Physical Therapist // Emergency Medical Technician // Paramedic // Dental Assistant // Pharmacist // Radiologist // Exercise Physiologist // Sports Medicine Specialist
What You Can Earn:
11 Credits for 3 College Courses in This Pathway // Healthcare Provider CPR & AED Certification // EMT Certification // LNA License // Medical Terminology
SUGGESTED PREREQUISITE COURSES:
Full Course Load Aligned to Preparing for a 4-year College
SUGGESTED SIMULTANEOUS COURSES:
Advanced Chemistry, Anatomy & Physiology, Microbiology/AP Biology, Psychology, Human Growth & Development
CAREER HIGH VALUE SOFT SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Effective Communicator, Critical Thinking Skills, Interpersonal Skills, Proper Hygiene,Professional Appearance
With CRTC since 2022, 22 years as a certified athletic trainer – 2 years UMass Lowell and 20 years NEC, Adjunct faculty member NEC
BS in Athletic Training, Boston University, MA Business Administration-Healthcare, New England College, licensed and certified athletic trainer
Skiing, traveling, reading
13 years in education at CRTC; HOSA Adviser; LNA instructor for the Health Science Program 25 years in nursing, including acute rehabilitation, psychiatry, home infusion therapy, ambulatory care, hospice, telemetry
BS, Norwich University, Nursing; MS, Health Care Administration, New England College, Teaching Certification
animals, education, family, fitness, Maine coast, wellness