In our Cosmetology program you will:
- Obtain essential hands-on experience by performing a mix of salon services while working in our sleek and modern Crimson Creations Salon.
- Develop professional services and techniques using the world-renowned Paul Mitchell system.
- Attend demonstrations led by the region’s finest and most respected professionals.
- Involve yourself in all aspects of salon management including customer service, teamwork and client retention through providing services to actual customers in our salon.
- Build confidence to continue your education and pass the NH cosmetology licensing exam.
- Compete in statewide competitions against other schools.
What You Can Learn
Business Management // Hair Cutting, Styling & Coloring //
Skin Care // Hair Removal // Makeup Application // Principles
of Hair Design//Intro to Barbering Skills//Mens’ Cuts//Beard Trimming
What You Can Become
(with additional education and training)
Barber // Hair Stylist // Film and Theatrical Stylist // Makeup
Artist // Salon/Studio Owner // Sales Representative // Platform Artist // Industry Educator // Esthetician // Nail Technician
What You Can Earn
Up to 360 training hours toward postsecondary cosmetology
training (excludes barbering, esthetician, and nail technician)
// Paul Mitchell Color Application, Long Hair Styling, and
Product Knowledge // S/P2 Cosmetology // 21st Century Skills // Human Resources // Safety and Environment // Cuccio Gel Veneer Nail Certificates
SUGGESTED PREREQUISITE COURSES:
Biology, Art (Color Theory)
SUGGESTED SIMULTANEOUS COURSES:
Business Math, Technical Writing
CAREER HIGH VALUE SOFT SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Effective Collaborator including Conversational Skills, Team Player, Strong Work Ethic, Proper Hygiene, Professional Appearance, Stamina, Flexibility, Fine motor skills
10 years in education: 7 at CRTC, 3 in Private Schools; 20 years in the cosmetology profession, 5 years as salon designer and manager
BA, Notre Dame, Psychology; Board Member,Board of Barbering cosmetology and Esthetics: Licensed Cosmetology Instructor: Continuing Education, Paul Mitchell Systems
Beach walking, traveling, classic movies, ballroom dancing