Mission and Vision Statement
CRTC MISSION: CAREER SUCCESS
The CRTC mission is to prepare our students to become agile, lifelong learners, self-driven to continuously improve their skills, knowledge and professional traits to be successful in a demanding and rapidly evolving 21st century economy.
CRTC VALUES: PERSONALIZED COLLEGE AND CAREER PLAN
We support our students in developing a strategic approach to their high school education, working with them to identify strengths, talents, and potential college and career tracks, and collaborating with them to devise and implement a personalized, self-directed plan for their future.
CRTC VISION: BE PREPARED TO STAND OUT
As students strive to improve themselves and achieve their goals, they must clear many difficult hurdles. These endeavors center around a simple and universally competitive premise, “WHY SHOULD WE — CHOOSE YOU?”
- Why should we ACCEPT YOU to our 4-year, 2-year college or certificate program?
- Why should we HIRE YOU for a particular career job or INDUCT YOU into the military?
- Why should we PROMOTE YOU within our organization?
- Why should we ELECT TO INVEST our time and money to your education, training, and/or idea?
Because of the intensely-focused classroom education, hands-on practical experiences and career-minded training they’ve received at the CRTC, our graduates can confidently weave a complex and thorough story, grounded in evidence of their personal and professional readiness. Career pathway highlights for a typical 17- or 18-year-old CRTC completer include a mix of the following:
- Engaged in talks, job shadows and internships (work-based learning) with career professionals
- Earned nationally recognized industry certifications and/or licensure
- Completed numerous college classes and/or hours (with transcripts)
- Acquired (with evidence) industry-ready technical skills
- Demonstrated (with evidence) employability/workplace-ready professional skills
- Attained targeted, career-specific writing, presentation and mathematical skills
- Worked in an entry-level position in the industry
- Developed the beginnings of a professional network
A sense of accomplishment pervades our culture based on these college and career-ready measures. This is our niche, and it’s what separates us from the many other worthy opportunities available to students.
Our students complete high school with more than just a diploma. CRTC students graduate with a sense of purpose and excitement about their future.
CORE BELIEFS (‘THE CRTC WAY’) – OUR COMMITMENT TO STUDENTS
TO ENHANCE THEIR CURRENT PERFORMANCE:
- Offer a balanced mix of theoretical knowledge and applied (hands-on) practical learning.
- Emphasize the development and consistent display of valued professional skills/traits.
- Provide all students the opportunity to pursue deeper levels of knowledge and skills valued by colleges and employers.
- Ensure that our measures of performance align to the rigor of college and industry and the criteria associated to meet or go beyond is clearly understood by students of all abilities.
- Encourage students to build their capacity to be self-driven in order to take ownership in their education and future planning.
- Place high value on the ability of students to apply their technical understandings and skills, and core academic knowledge, to real-world relevant industry problems.
TO ENHANCE THEIR FUTURE READINESS:
- Promote postsecondary academic readiness and confidence by offering students the opportunity to earn college credits and/or postsecondary hours.
- Promote career readiness by regularly offering students opportunities to: earn industry certifications and licensure, participate in off-site job shadows and internships, interact with career professionals and develop critical job search skills.
- Support our students to create strategic personalized postsecondary plans by providing college, industry, military, apprenticeship and enterprise exposure opportunities – along with career-driven counseling – to ensure they are fully informed of the many opportunities available.
- Provide additional leadership, competitive, and growth opportunities through Career and Technical Student Organizations, on-site businesses, clubs, after-school opportunities, CRTC English class and CRTC+.
TO ENHANCE OUR SHARED CULTURE:
- Establish norms where seeking, accepting, providing and using feedback to improve is accepted as ‘what we do’ every day.
- Promote industry values like proper dress, appropriate language and strong attendance.
- Enroll capable and committed first-year students, then reserve enrollment in year two for those students who have clearly demonstrated self-direction, aptitude and maturity.
- Energize the environment by celebrating achievements as well as hosting events that help build camaraderie and spirit within individual classes, entire programs and throughout the center.
- Maintain and establish our own CRTC identity in balance with the nine+ high schools we serve.
TO ENHANCE OUR OPERATION:
- Provide updated, safe and well-maintained facilities, tools, and equipment.
- Implement best practices in career and technical education (CTE) through research and networking.
- Offer effective and attentive administrative support.
We ask students and staff to provide us feedback on these beliefs on a regular basis.
We want to be sure we walk the walk, and talk the talk.