In our Computer Engineering program you will:
- Explore how new technologies are developed, utilized and programmed
- Learn how to integrate hardware and software solutions for various systems, including VEX robotics (electronic and sensor-driven), cyber-security, industrial CNC machines and computer applications (Web and mobile apps)
- Experience a rigorous, hands-on learning environment that takes a project-based approach to connecting students to science, technology, engineering and math
- In alternate years, explore Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM) for engineers by designing, manufacturing and programming automated equipment for devices and systems
- In alternate years, be prepared for, and have the opportunity to take, the College Board AP Computer Science Exam for additional college credit
What You Can Learn
Computer Science Principles (AP level) // Python Language // Web Programming // Robot Design & Engineering
// Automated Programming for Robotics // Print Reading for
Engineering // Mechanical, Electrical & Sensor Systems // CNC Programming // Hardware Fundamentals // Cyber-Security
What You Can Become
(with additional education and training)
Automation Systems Programmer // Computer Technician
// Game/App Developer // Robotics Technician // CNC
Programmer/Operator // Engineer
What You Can Earn
At Least 12 Credits From Among 7 College Courses Offered in This Pathway // AP Computer Science Principles Exam
Suggested prerequisites include: Algebra 1 (minimum), Geometry, and Algebra 2 (concurrent), proficient at grade level for English reading/writing. A basic Computer or Coding class, Drafting, and/or 3D design is helpful.
Certified PLTW instructor for Computer Science and Computer Integrated Manufacturing. 21 years in the manufacturing industry, 16 years teaching Comprehensive Technology Education, Computer Literacy, and Advance Machine Tool Technology / Pre-Engineering classes, and 2 years of AP computer science.
Education / Credentials:
M.Ed., B.S., A.S. Keene State College
Reading, Skiing, Sci-Fi movies.