Theater & Film:
A Two-Strand Program
In our Theater & Film program you will:
- Have the ability to pursue one of two distinct professional theater pathways: Acting or Production & Design (or one year of each).
- Learn video production and editing with Adobe Premiere, so both Acting and Production & Design students can create video portfolios of their work. Students can creat Tic-Tok videos, YouTube videos and more.
- Develop understandings and skills needed to design and implement production sound, lighting and film.
- Be introduced to the fundamentals of costuming, stage makeup, set design, camera operation and more.
- Learn the fundamentals of drone camera operation and photography.
- Write, direct, film, edit and submit a short film to the annual NH High School Short Film Festival statewide competition in your second year.
What You Can Learn
Sound Design and Set Up // Lighting Design and Set Up // Costume Design including Sewing // Scenic Design and Set Up // Recording & Mixing of Sound & Lights // Social Media Promotion // Stage Management // Fundamentals of Acting in Film, Theater & Television // Basic Acting Techniques // Basic and Advanced Improv Skills // Monologues // Video Production // Short Films, Tik-Tok Videos, YouTube Videos
What You Can Earn
3 Credits for 1 College Course in This Pathway // UNH Articulation Agreement (Tech & Design) // OSHA 10-Hour Card // Adobe Certified Associate in Premiere // Recognition through National and State Filmmaking Contests
What You Can Become
(with additional education and training)
Theater Teacher/Educator // Costume Designer // Lighting Designer // Lighting Programmer // Sound Designer // Set Designer // Production Management // Special Effects Technician // Stage Manager // Technical Director // Film, Stage or Television Actor // Prop Master // Film Editor//Camera Grip
With CRTC since 2016. Theatre experience: Director CHS Drama Club since 2012, Rundlett Middle School theatre director – P.E.G. (6 years), Beaver Meadow School (28 years), RB Productions (19 years); Accomplished director, and sound and lighting designer.
2010 Children And Youth Theatre Award (NH Theatre Awards Committee), 2014 NH Educational Theatre Guild Runner-Up, 2016 NHETG State Champion (My Name is Asher Lev), 2018 NHETG State Champion (Nora’s Lost), 2018 Award Winner Best Sound Design (New Hampshire Theatre Awards),
Westminster College (Bachelor of Music), Certified Music K-12, Certified Theatre K-12 Other Interests: Cooking, Travel, Broadway